Tuesday 13 November 2012

Digipak Experimentation (Dan Spurway)



Initially I made one altered image using Photoshop. I added suitable text over the band members to show the information typically found.

However, as my skill level is what intermediate, if not high; I decided to go further. In the second image below, I've shown my knowledge of airbrushing, as I've smoothed over the complexion of each band member; as well as remove the background shadows and applying a clean white background. Also, I used the burn and dodge tools to highlight the mains areas on the faces, by using the dodge tool to illuminate the cheek bones and nose.


For the third and final image, I replicated the layer, making the top layer an overlay. As you can see, the light difference is amplified, resulting in an image with more definition and contrast. As these were merely experimentations; in the final digipac, I will be sure to spend longer, adding more effects to the design.


No comments:

Post a Comment